CIQS Job Bank:
Senior Estimator (Rutherford Contracting Ltd.) Aurora, ON
- Senior Estimator
- Aurora, ON
Rutherford Contracting is a General Contractor located in Aurora that services the Industrial, Commercial, Institutional and Civil sectors in Ontario. Rutherford was established in 1971 and throughout the years we have grown to be able to service clients from both a building construction and site development perspective.
Rutherford is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are seeking a Senior Estimator to join our team! Reporting directly to the Chief Estimator (currently being filled by the Principal), the Senior Estimator is responsible for accurately pricing projects competitively so that the company can be successful in the tendering process as well as in the construction phase.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Chief Estimator in the determination of desired work.
- Act as secondary sales contact to address invitations to tender and pricing in consultation with Chief Estimator.
- Coordinate package procurement with Chief Estimator.
- Coordinate bid schedule maintenance with Tendering & Office Coordinator as well as bond/insurance certificate procurement.
- Prepare for and promptly attend pre-tender site meetings as needed.
- As requested by the Chief Estimator, complete tenders in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner, including:
- Site investigation and review
- Quantity take-off
- Cost estimation
- Application/distribution of overhead and fees
- Tender form completion
- Delivery and submissions
- Tender result procurement
- Maintain adequate estimation workload as per Chief Estimator’s request and advise Chief Estimator of any conflicts.
- Upon project reward, review tender/construction documents with the delegated Project Manager, VP of Operations, and Superintendent to review details of the project.
- Communicate with Project Managers during the construction phase if they have any questions about pricing or cost (i.e. potential changes in scope).
- Periodically visit Rutherford jobsites to review the cost and production of work
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Outstanding ability to work and multi-task under pressure.
Education and Experience
- At least 10 years of experience as an Estimator at a General Contractor pricing mid-large ICI projects.
- Experience with estimating software/programs.
- Gold Seal Certificate in estimating would be an asset.
- Potential for annual bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, and specialty benefits (i.e. massage, counselling, naturopath, etc.)
- Annual salary $115,000 (negotiable depending on experience and qualifications)
- Interested applicants are to apply via this link https://ruthcon.ca/jobs/senior-estimator/ and click Apply Now at the bottom of the page.
Release Date: 2021-01-04|
Expiry Date: 2021-04-04